- Visco Fuse Machine | PyroForum.nl - Some discussion and broken links
- Machines for Weaving Visco-Type Fuse - Several designs with more detail; hand driven parallel weave plates with horizontal belt drive and pdf plans; Knex verical build;
- How to build a visco fuse machine - Short tutorial
- Visco fuse machine kit discussion | Amateur Pyro Forums - Design Files
- Visco Fuse Machine (machine for weaving wicks) (Russian)| YouTube - Step-by-step guide to build a tiny machine
- Visco fuse making machine | YouTube - Video demonstration; vertical shaft, belt drive
- Upgrade my homemade visco fuse machine | YouTube - Video demonstration; vertical shaft, chain drive.
- Easy visco firework fuse machine | YouTube - Short video demonstration; hand powered cardboard version!; Build Plans (£5)
- visco fuse weaving machine | YouTube - Video walkthrough and demonstration; drill driven, vertical shaft, belt drive.
- Visco fuse machine . | YouTube - Video demonstration and some details; well designed, rotating cotton thread tracer, handmade spools for some reason
- Visco Fuse Machine | YouTube - Video demonstration; hand powered mini build
- Visco Fuse Machine YouTube 2 - demonstration; vertical shaft, worm-gear + belt driven
- Visco fuse production(part 6) - Making safety visco fuse | YouTube - Commercial machine overview; Coating machine; Vertical and horizontal wrapping plates with interleaved paper layer; pretty poor video quality but informative
- homemade visco machine and test visco fuse part 1 (Russian)| YouTube - built on a ring-stand base
- Fuse Machine 1 | YouTube - Commercial machine unboxing and setup
13 Jun 2020
I’m not sure if this project will ever go anywhere. I ordered 50’ of fuse from cannonfuse.com for $14. Archiving project.
01 Jun 2020
It’s all about the ratios: Fuse collection rate, first thread layer wrapping speed, second thread layer wrapping speed, fill mixture ingredient ratios, fill volume to weight ratio, lacquer coating ratio.
100% cotton thread is used as wrapping material. Cotton is ~90% cellulose and 8% water. Cellulose is made of repeating C6H10O5 (glucose) units.
I love the idea of a self-rotating tracer thread that sweeps powder along.
A 90 degree bend in the fuse wrapping process reduces the accumulation of powder on the outer wrapping thereby reducing premature ignition from outside the fuse.